For years I have wanted to start blogging and here I am. I'm finally doing it! I think this is going to be a great outlet for me for so many reasons. A couple of years ago my Austin bestie and partner in crime, Marissa Alemany, and I crashed a blogger party at the Four Seasons. We heard there were free drinks and free food. Perfect for party crashing. I love Marissa for always being down for schmoozing and boozing at local events. So we came up with our respective "covers" in case people asked us what our blogs were about. I think we both said that we were both in the process of starting our own blogs and were attempting to do research. Haha! Well, we met some really cool people in the Austin blogging scene and had a great time. Our picture was taken and we ended up in the Austin American Statesman's Life & Style section. Definitely a fun and memorable time!
After talking to people we realized that you can really blog about anything you want. One girl we met had a blog specifically dedicated to queso! Yes, that delicious cheese dip that we Texans love and feel so guilty eating. This girl went to various restaurants in Austin and wrote reviews of their queso and margaritas. It was such an awesome idea and inspired me to start blogging. My fiance encouraged me over the years to start my blog but I just never got around to it. I made excuses and thought that nobody would want to read my blog anyway. Now that I moving, I hope this will help my friends and family stay connected to me and see what I'm up to in Arizona. I plan on sharing recipes I cook, reviews of beauty products/services, reviews of books, teacher ideas, and other totally random things I'm interested in!

No comments:
Post a Comment